JOB POSTING – LAKES ANIMAL FRIENDSHIP SOCIETY
Lakes Animal Friendship Society (LAFS) in the community of Burns Lake BC believes that happy, healthy animals are part of happy, healthy families and communities. If you want to be part of the great things happening with LAFS – we are looking for a hands-on Program Manager. As the lead person in LAFS you will build some great and varied experience in running an animal welfare society in an area with diverse cultures including six First Nations.
You would be bringing your shovel and digging in to the following projects:
- Educating students (classroom visits, newsletters) and community (social media blurbs, announcements, posters) about animal care, compassion and dog bite safety
- Providing spaying and neutering assistance for animals from lower income families, as well as trap/neuter/return of community cats
- Providing houses for dogs and cats in need of all-weather outdoor shelters
- Providing food for dogs and cats from lower income families
- Finding, supporting and keeping great volunteers and partnerships for all of the above as well as fostering and transportation
- Budgeting, carrying out fundraising, applying for grants and reporting to donors and grantors
Most of this work is in the Burns Lake area but there is also opportunity to travel for cooperative projects in other communities.
Class 5 driver’s license is a must. Registered animal health technologist certification would be a big plus.
Even if you don’t check all of the boxes but are willing and able to learn, please apply as we have opportunities for mentorship. Compensation will depend on education and experience.
Expected to be an up to half-time ongoing position, with flexible scheduling outside of key “busy times”.
Take a look at www.lakesanimalfriendship.ca to learn more about our programs, and please email your questions and application to email@example.com. PLEASE APPLY NO LATER THAN MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14th, 2020